Sunday, May 15, 2011

G is for Gelato


Yes. This is happening. An entire blog post dedicated to my creamy friend, gelato. I have always liked it, but having it everyday since I have been here like it's laced with cocaine? This is serious. All drug references aside, this stuff is good. I can't explain why it is so much better than ice cream (which I also love, don't get jealous, ice cream. We are still very much in a serious relationship), but it just is. The first day, I had melone, which was like this slice of heaven. And the second day, it was banana and nocciola (hazelnut), which was so insanely good it made me crazy. Third day? Coconut and limone. The place we went wasn't quite as good, as I had heard from some of the other girls, so I went with flavors that there is simply no way I COULDN'T like it. Also, the guy working the register gave me a little wink and was flirtatious. Gelato and a confidence boost? Sold. Today, it was a mousse panna cotta, ginger and cinnamon, and a chocolate pepperoncini . . . glorious. Hallelujah. It was appropriate for a Sunday, it was truly a spiritual experience.

So, I know this won't be the trend for the entire trip, but I feel like I have something good going with Italy, so why stop now?

2 comments:

Mom said...

My wish for the day: May your next itinerary stop have a convenient gelato store . . .

Dad said...

I think it is time to talk about our priorities on Sunday :-)